Handmade Whole Wheat Tortilla ハンドメイドトルティーヤ



I LOVE Tacos. Especially quesadilla and enchilada always make it hard for me to choose. Thinking of lack of eating Mexican food eventually made me make tortilla by myself. This time, again, I used whole  wheat (bread) flour mixing with all-purpose one. The reason I've been using the whole wheat flour is simply because I want to finish asap. I'm not in a hurry but I like to use plain bread wheat more than this dark one. I'm not familiar with kinds of wheat but it feels like when I use the whole wheat one the texture feels harder than plain one, doesn't pump up much, and the result is almost always different from what I expect. No idea if this is what it's supposed to be and if I only need to know this is so, but ..this isn't for me. The whole wheat, you are very healthy, beautiful as shown, good for the body, skin, and maybe balance up the nutrition, so here goes, tortilla.
The recipe I used.
日本語訳もあります :)

6 sheets (I made it *2: made 12 sheets) Ingredients....




  • 3/4 cup/150g All purpose flour (薄力粉)
  • 1/4 cup/50g Wheat flour (強力粉)
  • 3 tablespoon (24g) Olive oil (オリーブオイル)
  • 1/4 teaspoon Baking powder (ベーキングパウダー)
  • Salt As needed (塩(ひとつまみ))
  • Warm water As need (お湯)





1: Mix both the flours, salt, baking powder well in a bowl. 
Add olive oil and rub well. yea I know this looks weird.
大きめのボウルに薄力粉・強力粉、塩、ベーキングパウダーを混ぜ、オリーブオイルを加える。手でまんべんなく混ぜ込む。




2: Gradually add required warm water and knead to a smooth dough. You can rest the dough for 15 minutes. Divide into 5 or 6 equal sized balls.
混ぜながら少しずつお湯をたしてはまとめて、を繰り返す。一気に入れるとべちょべちょになって粉を足すハメになるから気をつけて。ひとまとまりになったら15分休ませて6等分にする。



3: Roll into thin discs, dust when ever needed with all purpose flour.
めん棒で薄く伸ばす。必要に応じて薄力粉をつけてね。
By the way, I'd recommend you not to make it twice more amount of ingredients. Rolling out doughs into very thin discs isn't "second" work like cookies; imagine you finally finish disc-ing 2 or 3 doughs and finding another 10 untouched doughs which you need to do the same labor work with. You don't want it..right?
I ended up opening windows. 6 is just nice, good, exciting amount to enjoy, really. :) no 12.

 ta-dah! 

4: Heat a pan and toast the rolled tortillas on both sides in medium flame until slight golden dots starts to appear,also take care its evenly cooked. *no oil to add here*
中火でフライパンを温めて伸ばしたトルティーヤを置く。ドットが出てきたらひっくり返して、均等に両面に火が通ったのを確認したら次のトルティーヤへ。



 Mmm.....look look.
おいしそ〜〜

Enjoy!
xoxo
M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Across Borders: Navigating Trials and Triumphs on the Road to Marriage

On the 23rd of March 2024, I stood beside the love of my life, surrounded by friends and family, as we exchanged vows and embarked on a new ...