Macadamia nuts Banana Ice cream! マカダミアバナナアイス!


For Sunday sweets, I made this roasted banana ice cream. It went up to almost 17 degrees outside and the sun was shining all day long. Since we had ripe bananas in the kitchen ruck, and had this nice weather, I thought having the ice cream at the terrace would be a nice treat before new week starts.
Mixing with chunky macadamia nuts was such a joy.
Do you know Baskin Robbins' "Nuts to you"?  I wonder if the menu is limited only in Japan..
the Nuts to you has 5 kinds of chunky nuts in caramel  based-ice cream: Almond, cashew, macadamia, walnuts, peanuts, and pecan. The ice cream is so crazily yummy and if you love nuts, that's for you.
So I put LOTs of macadamia nuts in my ice cream this time, which was (still is) fabulous.
The recipe I used: here The recipe doesn't have nuts and I arranged ingredients within required amount :) It would also turn nice with some liqueur.

You need:
3 ripe banana (熟したバナナ3本)
75g brown sugar (ブラウンシュガー)
2 Tablespoon caster sugar (砂糖 大さじ2)
200ml cream milk, I used 30% fat (ライト生クリーム)
100ml milk (牛乳)
75g cream cheese, I used Philadelphia (クリームチーズ)
1 large egg (卵 1個)
100g macadamia nuts, roughly chopped (マカダミアナッツ)
1.5 teaspoon lemon juice (レモン汁 小さじ1.5)
half teaspoon vanilla extract (バニラエッセンス 小さじ1/2)

Direction....>>


1: Preheat the oven to 200℃(400°F).  In a small baking dish, chop up the bananas and toss in the brown sugar. Bake for around 40 minutes or until the bananas are cooked through, caramelised and golden. Turn them once during cooking.
オーブンを200度に予熱する。小さい耐熱皿にバナナを1cm幅に切って広げ、ブラウンシュガーをかけて40分焼く。

my bananas were so small that I used 5 actually. This looks cute doesn't this? :)


2: In a blender or food processor, blitz the hot bananas, the syrup from the dish, milk, cream cheese, cream, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and egg until smooth.
フードプロセッサーに焼いたバナナとそのキャラメル、ナッツ以外の残りの材料を全部入れて滑らかになるまでかける。

3: Cut nuts roughly and mix in the banana mixture with a spatula. Chill this mixture in the freezer and give it a good whip every few hours.
マカダミアナッツを1/3程度の大きさに粗く刻み(チャンキーの方がおいしいでしょ?)、ヘラで軽く混ぜこむ。冷凍庫に入れて1時間毎に底から混ぜる。私は3回混ぜて後は放置。


Enjoy!!




xoxo
M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Across Borders: Navigating Trials and Triumphs on the Road to Marriage

On the 23rd of March 2024, I stood beside the love of my life, surrounded by friends and family, as we exchanged vows and embarked on a new ...