Chicken with Olives. Easy Summer dish


With only salt and pepper, chicken can be insanely delicious. They can make you drool like now.  I see youuu!
I was looking for an easy chicken recipe and I found this recipe in The Pioneer Woman.
Though the recipe called for Green Bell Peppers, I had to leave it out because they don't have it here in grocery stores. But I'm so satisfied with the outcome and how it tastes. Chicken got super tender, though I just quickly browned and boiled with other ingredients, and the combination with penne was another big pleasure of each bites (Ree's original recipe used Linguine) .
You should also give this a try. It really isn't complicated as these first pictures would make you think so, because I never cook something difficult, and needless to say I'm sure you'll love it.

 On my Facebook I've been posting pretty much of photos of what I cooked and foods that I don't post here the recipes of. These are so easy that anyone could wing without a recipe once you know the gist of what it’s supposed to taste like or from ingredients that you see in photos.
Thankfully more of you started to be curious about my cooking and baking and ask how I cook and it keeps me motivated to make nice foods. So please tell me about what you think on the comment section below or on my Facebook. Help me make more yummy :)

[Makes 2 to 3 portions]

4 Tbsp Butter
4 Tbsp Olive Oil
6 pieces Chicken (I Used Thighs And Legs) With Skin
1 whole medium Onion, diced
5 cloves Garlic, minced
5 medium Tomatoes, diced
1 cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth (or White Wine)
Salt & freshly ground Black Pepper
1/4 cup/ 50ml Heavy Cream
1 cup/ 200g Whole Green Olives
1 cup/ 200g Penne

Directions From The Pioneer Woman.......
&
Step by Step photos that I did >>>>>

Preheat oven to 190℃ (375°F). 
In a large ovenproof skillet, melt butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. 
Add chicken and brown on both sides. Remove chicken to a clean plate. 

Reduce heat to medium. Add onions, garlic, and green bell pepper to the pan. 
Stir and cook for a couple of minutes. Add tomatoes and cook for a minute or two. Season with salt and pepper. 

Pour in wine and stir. Add chicken pieces back to pan, cover with lid, and place into the oven for 45 minutes. Remove pan from oven and remove lid. 
Add whole green olives and heavy cream (drizzle evenly over the top.) Put on lid and shake the pan to "stir" in the cream. 
Return to the oven for 15 to 20 minutes to thicken the sauce. Remove from oven and keep lid on until ready to serve. 

Place pasta into a large serving bowl or onto a large serving platter. Arrange chicken pieces on top of the pasta, then pour all of the sauce over the top. Can sprinkle with minced fresh parsley and Parmesan, if desired. You'll love this!

[Each steps that I did and I only used skillet: No Oven]

Before massing the cutting board with chicken meat, cut tomatoes, mince garlic and onion.
I like pouring boiling water and bleach my cutting board after cutting up meat to kill germ and bacteria!
Do you like doing it, too? We're friends.



 Grab your Teflon‐lined (my favorite) skillet or pan, melt butter and olive oil. Wait till it gets bubbly and smells good. Prepare your chicken aside.



Dump chicken thigh and legs skin side down. Brown them both side and remove to a plate, set aside.


Oh. Oh. Oh...



Toss garlic and onion into the pan at medium heat. Stir until onion gets transparent.


You can't handle this amazing smell. It's nicely caramelized....and and.........ahhhhhh



ok, dump in tomatoes. Stir gently. Cook for 2 minutes.




Pour low-sodium chicken broth or white wine. I used low-sodium chicken broth.
(Mix in 2 to 2.5 teaspoon of chicken broth powder (or 2 cubes) in 1 cup/ 200ml water. )


Salt and pepper. Freshly ground pepper. This is very important.



Dump chicken back in the pan. Place them in order.


Cover with a perfectly size of lid. Cook for 45 minutes.



Open the lid and sprinkle green olives. I used black ones too.




Then pour in the cream. Shake the pan or mix the cream evenly and cover again with the lid.
Cook  for 15 to 20 minutes.



Look. At. That.  The skin almost melts in the soup.
Do not waste even 1 drop of the soup, please.  ;)



Serve immediately. Enjoy with penne or linguine. or without.

xoxo
meg

1 comment:

Across Borders: Navigating Trials and Triumphs on the Road to Marriage

On the 23rd of March 2024, I stood beside the love of my life, surrounded by friends and family, as we exchanged vows and embarked on a new ...